Skiing in Argentina
Las Leñas Ski Resort
- Full Intinerary
- Price & Contact
Lenas Ski Resort -- Argentina, Mendoza Province, Argentina, South America
- Elevation: 11,253 feet (3430 m)
- Bottom: 7,349 feet (2200 m)
- Vertical Drop: 4,035 feet (1230 m)
- Runs: 40 64 km. / 40 miles
- Beginner: 8 %
- Intermediate: 23 %
- Advanced: 69 %
- Lifts: 12
- Quad Chair: 1 Double Chairs: 6
- Surface Lifts: 5
- Season: June - Mid-October
Lenas Trail Map
More than sixty kilometers / 45 miles of runs provide skiers and snowboarders with descents of varying difficulties suitable for skiers and riders of all abilities, from a height of 11,253 feet above sea level to the base at at elevation of 7,349 feet. The vertical drop of the lift-served in-bounds area of Las Lenas ski resort is a hefty 4,035 feet, with gradients ranking from 12% to 53%.
Las Lenas has the the most modern lift system in South America. Lift lines are extremely rare at Las Lenas, since the mountain has 16 modern ski lifts that boast a total uphill capacity of 9200 skiers per hour. Ski lifts are named after Roman and Greek Gods: Venus, Eros, Minerva, Vesta, Vulcano, Jupiter, Apolo, Neptuno, Mercurio, Caris, Selene, Juno, Iris, Marte, Urano, and Cenidor. Lifts run nonstop from 9am to 5pm daily.
Scorpio ('Escorpio') - 4 STAR - This outstanding ski-on/ski-off hotel offers single-, double- and triple- occupancy rooms. All rooms feature color TV, full private bath, safe deposit box, in-room phones, laundry service and daily housekeeping. Rooms include breakfast and dinner in the main dining room and there is a bar as well. This hotel is ski-on/ski-off and located at the base of the main lifts.
Piscis - 5 STAR - Best hotel in Las Lenas. Double rooms and suites with jetted bathtub and fireplace. Each room has color TV, climate control, mini-bar, in-room phones, safe deposit box, daily housekeeping, laundry service and full private bath. Rooms include daily breakfast buffet in the main dining room and the choice of two all-inclusive restaurants for dinner. Additional features include a casino, night club, heated indoor/outdoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, masseuse, lounge, and 24 hour room service.
Hotel Location Map
Casino - the highest-elevation casino in the world.
The casino is located in the Piscis Hotel and is managed by an Austrian company: "Casinos Austria." This fully-stocked casino has American roulette, baccarat, red dog, a large number of blackjack tables, and over forty slot machines. Dress code is informal.
1. Ku - open nightly from 11pm until 5am. Located in the Pyramid shopping center ('el Pirámide').
2. UFO Point - open nightly from 4pm until 3am. Located next to the Brasero restaurant.
Bars & Restaurants
1. La Cima - located on the Eros ski trail. Serves food and alcohol throughout the day.
2. Santa Fe - previously called the 'Bacus Restaruant,' this bar/restaurant is located at the base of the Neptuno poma lift.
3. Elurra - located at the base of the Minerva chairlift. Serves lunch, dinner, and drinks.
4. Santa Fe - previously called the 'Bacus Restaruant,' this bar/restaurant is located at the base of the Neptuno poma lift.
5. Bar Allegro - located in the Piscis Hotel, outside the entrance to the swimming pool.
6. Bar Estar - great late night food. Located in the Piscis Hotel. Open from 5pm until 2am.
7. Cuatro Estaciones ('Four Corners') - this classic restaurant is located in the Piscis Hotel. Offers international cuisine. Open for breakfast and dinner daily.
8. Johnny's Restaurant - open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
9. Innsbruck - located at the mountain base. Serves lunch and snacks daily.
10. El Brasero - located at the base, next to the Acuario Hotel. Outside terrace. Serves lunch and dinner daily.
11. Bar Edelweiss - International food prepared by culinary students at the Universidad Nacional de Cuyo. Excellent.
12. Restaurant Club de la Nieve - offers steak, fish, and the best fondue in the Valley.
Recently opened in the Aires Hotel, showing the latest feature films throughout the evenings
Got a small group? Get even BIGGER discounts!
or consider joining one of our Special Edition Tours:
THE South America Wine Tour - Special Edition
The Essence of Peru - Special Edition
Tango, Samba, Waterfalls & Carnival
Tango Samba Waterfalls & New Year's in Rio
Tango, Samba & Oktoberfest in Brazil
As most trips operates on commercial air, space may be extremely limited 90 days prior to departure. To ensure your spot, we encourage you to book as early as possible.
Follow our South America Travel Blog!
Tel (0800) 747-4540
Tel +49 (711) 856-6972
Fax +49 (711) 856-6971
We work with Travel Agents! View our Travel Agents portal for more info.
SouthAmerica.travel do Brasil
SouthAmerica.travel del Peru