Thinking of Traveling to South America?
Plan your Airpass with our Flight Planner
For those travelers who are planning a trip to South America, the TAM South America Airpass could be a great option for affordable flights within the continent. SouthAmerica.travel offers fully customizable, 4* & 5* travel packages to destinations throughout South America. From the moment you land until the moment you fly home, we can make all your travel arrangements a comfortable one. Our travel packages include hotels, guides, transfers, meals - everything you need to enjoy your tour of South America.
We also arrange domestic flights within South America, as well as international airfare. We offer quotes for flights only if you are planning to book a trip within South America with our company. If you would like to receive a free quote on a custom South America tour and flights, please contact us.
The Aerolineas Argentinas makes it easy to travel within South America by plane. Countries participating include: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
To acquire the South America Airpass, the passenger should:
- Purchase an international ticket for travel departing from a city outside of South America to destinations in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and/or Venezuela.
- Request the South America Airpass, which is issued in conjunction with the international ticket.
- Travel must be done only in segments operated by TAM Airlines.
Length of Stay:
- Minimum: 5 days from departure date of first segment
- Maximum: 30 days from departure date of first segment
Stopovers and Connections
- A maximum of 4 stopovers in Brazil and 2 in other countries will be allowed, in addition to the point of origin and destination.
- If the connection exceeds 24 hours, it will be considered as a stopover.
- Exception: If a JJ connection between two domestic flights within Brazil exceeds 4 hours, it will be considered as a Stopover.
- “Surface” is not counted as a coupon.
- Route must include at least 2 (two) countries within the area covered by the TAM SOUTH AMERICA AIRPASS.
- Maximum of 8 (eight) flight coupons allowed, with a total of up to 5 (five) flight coupons per country.
- The same segment may not be flown more than once in the same direction, except in connections.
- The same city may not be used as an origin/destination more than once, except for connections.
- Each segment flown corresponds to one coupon.
- All segments of the trip must be confirmed before departure.
- Booking classes are W or V.
- Enter code “TAM SAP” in the “OSI” field of reservation.
- Sales and ticketing of Airpass valid only outside of South America.
- Only one South America Airpass may be purchased per passenger in conjunction with an international ticket (including AD/ID or award tickets).
- The Airpass ticket must be issued separately and must include the number of the international ticket sold in conjunction with the Airpass.
- Applicable taxes (airport tax, security and additional taxes) must be charged when issuing the Airpass.
- Tickets are non-endorsable/nontransferable.
- PTA is not permitted.
- TAM SAP / NON END must be shown in the endorsement/restriction box.
- Fare basis – WSAPAST or VSAPAST or WSA2PAST or VSA2PAST.
- Fare constructions and combinations are not permitted.
- Note: The deadline for ticket issuance and the deadline generated automatically by the reservation system may differ. The earlier date prevails.
- Rebooking permitted at any time, subject to payment of USD 100.00 penalty per transaction, provided that the same fare is maintained.
- Rerouting: Not permitted.
- Before departure: Refundable. Penalty: USD 100.00
- After departure: Non-refundable
The baggage allowance for domestic segments covered by the TAM SOUTH AMERICA AIRPASS is the same as allowed on international segments.
In the event of excess baggage, there will be a charge per kilo of 0.5% of the applicable “Y” fare for the segment in question (flights within Brazil), and 1% of the applicable “Y” fare for the segment in question (flights in South America, in countries other than Brazil). Check GDS to verify Excess Baggage Allowance rules.
Segment flown with the Airpass will accumulate 90% of the full points value under the TAM Fidelidade Frequent Flyer Program.
Plan your Airpass with our Flight Planner
Follow our South America Travel Blog!
Tel (0800) 747-4540
Tel +49 (711) 856-6972
Fax +49 (711) 856-6971
We work with Travel Agents! View our Travel Agents portal for more info.
SouthAmerica.travel do Brasil
SouthAmerica.travel del Peru