Atlantic Rainforest & the Serra do Mar
The 25 Reserves that make up this stunning UNESCO world heritage site are home to one of the world's richest and most endangered habitats. This complex and unique ecosystem boasts 450 tree species per hectare which proves to be even more diverse than that of the Amazon. The fauna and flora species numbers here are also exceptionally high and incredibly varied. From jaguars to howler monkeys to harpy eagles, this lush, mountainous region along Brazil's southern coast will astound any visitor.
Not only are the flora, fauna and geography astounding but the train as well. Take the Serra do Mar train through this paradise and you won't be disappointed. This is must-do side trip for all.
Create a Customized Travel Package
The Complete Brazil Train Tour
14 Days / 13 Nights
- City tours of Vitória, Ouro Preto, Rio de Janeiro, Curitiba, & Salvador
- Train ride Vitória to Belo Horizonte
- Steam train from Ouro Preto to Mariana
- Steam train from Tiradentes to São Jão del Rey
- Train through the Atlantic Rainforest
- Iguassu Falls Tour
Tango, Samba, Waterfalls
10 Days / 9 Nights
- Buenos Aires City Tour
- Tango Show & 3-course Dinner in Buenos Aires
- Iguassu Falls Tour - from Brazilian & Argentine sides!
- Historic Port of Antonina
- Scenic Train Ride through the Atlantic Rainforest
- São Paulo City Tour
- Rio de Janeiro City Tour including Sugarloaf & Corcovado Mountains