Here are some ideas and inspiration for "must-do" activities while you're in Rio de Janeiro:
1) Take a morning walk along on the beach: Join frolicking dogs and morning joggers for a pre-breakfast stroll along the uncrowded beach anytime of year.
2) Enjoy a Guaraná above the waves: Try Brazil's favorite sparkling beverage, made from the red Amazonian Guaraná berries, as you sit above the waves below the morro de Leme, the big rock at the eastern end of Copacabana in the neighborhood of Leme.
3) Climb to the top of the "rock of Leme" for a panoramic view of Copacabana & Praia Vermelha ("red beach") as well as Sugar Loaf Mountain looming over you just hundreds of meters away.
4) At the other end of Copacabana, the Forte de Copacabana, the relaxed military outpost and lifeguard training center hosts an interesting military museum as well as a more sophisticated café, with views of the entire beach with Sugarloaf in the background.
5) Another 15 minutes west of the Forte brings you to the jutting rock formation Arpoador, Portuguese for "harpoonist," as the natives used to hunt whales from this point.
6) After exploring Ipanema, consider jumping into Rio's modern, efficient & fast Metro to return to Copacabana
7) A Night of Stars: your tour of Rio de Janeiro is not complete without a view of Copacabana by night: Finish your day at one of the kiosks on the beach side of Avenida Atlântica. Show Less