Have a passion and love for South America?
You may be the PERFECT fit for our growing Team! Read on, get to know About Our Company and our South America travel itineraries, and contact us to become part of our SouthAmerica.travel family.
Our Travel Consultants are professional, highly motivated, creative outside-the-box thinkers, attentive listeners, detail-oriented and honest with a passion for traveling the world, who love to learn and expand their knowledge.
If we've just described you, send your resume including a cover letter stating:
- Travel experience of South America destinations, attractions and highlights.
- Other knowledge of South America (geography, politics, travel or any other topic).
- Sales experience and training.
- Travel and business-related experience.
Our clients are in the 4 to 5-star range, seek an authentic, personalized travel experience, enjoy high-end amenities, and the comfort & peace-of-mind of a flawlessly planned trip. We don't market to the masses - our guests want a unique, customized trip tailored to their preferences.
Our Travel Consultants are experts for all South America. We round out your first-hand knowledge with training led by sales leaders, select guidebooks, videos and online resources as well as personal, directed research, plus a yearly "FAM" (familiarization) trip to a new destination. Your passion to acquire South America destination knowledge will be integral to your success!
Day to day job description:
- Pursue qualified leads by phone, email or interactive chat (no cold calling).
- Organization of leads and data through our (CRM) client relation management software
- Creative consultation and custom trip creation based on client preferences & travel style, incorporating unique insights on destinations, activities, accommodations, and the advantages of SouthAmerica.travel’s hosted travel experience.
- Live (via phone) presentation of custom itinerary, scheduled follow-ups and itinerary modifications.
- Invoicing, travel voucher preparation & comprehensive customer support.
- Active sales training, in groups and on your own.
- Monthly travel blog writing & featured itinerary creation.
You are the perfect candidate if you:
- Have travel experience within South America and are eager to explore more destinations.
- Have sales experience.
- Have excellent writing and communication skills in English.
- Are extremely detail-oriented.
- Are highly motivated and can succeed with minimal supervision.
- Have people comment to you that you are a great listener.
- Are willing to work hard in order to enjoy the benefits of a great job!
- Salesforce Experience is a plus, but not required.
- Yearly familiarization trip
- 4 weeks’ PTO
- Base + generous commission structure
- Possibility to work from other other offices, including our South American locations
- Other perks and incentives
Please ensure you include a cover letter with your South America travel experiences or we may not look at your resume!
We look forward to hearing from you!