May 19, 2016|
Last updated on December 23rd, 2020 at 12:08 pm
Get Inspired to Travel with our New South America Travel Video
Travel Consultant, Jon Hillstead, recently went on a trip of a lifetime to Argentina & Chile. With a background in film and a sense of adventure, Jon made his dreams of traveling through the rugged region of Patagonia a reality. Click play and follow his fantastic journey through Buenos Aires, El Calafate, El Chalten, Puerto Natales, Torres del Paine National Park, Santiago de Chile, Valparaiso, Casablanca Valley, and San Pedro de Atacama! You won’t want to miss this South America Travel Video! Sit back, relax, and start dreaming!
Cinematography Tips – South America Travel Video
- Filmed with GoPro Hero 4 Silver
- Accessories: Helmet strap, tripod 3-way arm.
- Edited with FinalCut Pro software
South America Travel Video Highlights
- El Chalten, Argentina – The fall colors in El Chalten were unlike anything Jon had seen before. The yellows and oranges left him speechless. Jon and Jake spent 1 day in El Chalten to do the Laguna Torre hike. Next time they will allow for at least 3 full days in El Chalten so that they can complete the Mount Fitz Roy hike.
- The W Trek & Eco Camp in Torres del Paine, Chile – Jon and Jake spent 3 nights at Eco Camp in Torres del Paine. The Patagonia Eco Camp is a great option for travelers that do not have time to plan a trip to TDP and want to relax and enjoy nature. Eco Camp takes care of all the transfers, activities, food, and accommodations during your stay in the park. One of Jon’s highlights in Torres del Paine was practicing yoga in the yoga dome during the moon rise.
- The Argentine Experience in Buenos Aires, Argentina – The Argentine Experience is a fun and entertaining way to get a feel for the Argentine culture. Jon recommends doing this at the beginning of your trip so that you can understand and appreciate the country’s food and culture throughout your vacation. Jon and Jake loved meeting other like-minded travelers from around the world and sharing travel tales.
- Big Ice Trek in El Calafate, Argentina – The Big Ice Trek was a full day excursion but well worth it. Hiking on a glacier is simply incredible, “you feel like you are on another planet,” said Jon.
- San Pedro de Atacama, Chile – By combining Patagonia and San Pedro de Atacama you can see the drastic change in geography from the northern to southern regions of Chile. Chile is 4,270 km (2,653 mi) long. Jon recommends visiting the region after Patagonia and finishing your vacation in a warm environment.
- Singular Patagonia Hotel, Chile – Jon and Jake enjoyed some of their favorite meals in South America at Singular Patagonia. The service was top notch and the hotel grounds were simply beautiful.
Travel Tip – If you’re going to hike in Torres del Paine, plan ahead and allow 4 full days in the park. The weather really is as volatile as people say.
Start planning your own South America Adventure. Visit us online at www.SouthAmerica.travel and check out some of our recommended Patagonia Tours.
Mentioned in this article