Custom Rio de Janeiro Tours in 3 Easy Steps
Create a custom Rio de Janeiro tour for less than most premium group tours. Get started by adding destinations and activities to view tour ideas that match your interests.
Destination & Activities
Top 17 Rio de Janeiro Tours
A trip to Brazil just wouldn’t be complete without visiting Rio de Janeiro. We encourage you to travel to Rio de Janeiro, also known as the “Marvelous City”, and get a full taste of Brazilian culture through a day of Rio de Janeiro sightseeing. Follow a professional local guide and visit all of the highlights such as Guanabara Bay, Sugarloaf Mountain, Corcovado Mountain, and Copacabana Beach. And don’t stop there! Our expert Travel Consultants know about all of the hidden gems of Rio that you cannot miss on a tour of Brazil. Contact us today and we’ll get you started.
Rio de Janeiro, the Cidade Maravilosa
For more Brazil travel inspiration, explore all the most luxurious beach resorts in Brazil or consider combining your Rio de Janeiro city tour with a trip to the Amazon Rainforest. Any of the Rio de Janeiro tours below can be combined with other popular destinations to make one fantastic Brazil travel package.
Here are some ideas and inspiration for “must-do” things to do in Rio de Janeiro:
- Take a morning walk along on the beach. Join frolicking dogs and morning joggers for a pre-breakfast stroll along the uncrowded beach any time of the year.
- Enjoy a Guaraná above the waves. Try Brazil’s favorite sparkling beverage, made from the red Amazonian Guaraná berries, as you sit above the waves below the morro de Leme, the big rock at the eastern end of Copacabana in the neighborhood of Leme.
- Climb to the top of the “rock of Leme” for a panoramic view of Copacabana & Praia Vermelha (“red beach”) as well as views of Sugarloaf Mountain just hundreds of meters away.
- Visit the military museum. At the other end of Copacabana, the Forte de Copacabana, the relaxed military outpost and lifeguard training center hosts an interesting military museum as well as a more sophisticated café. Here, enjoy views of the entire beach with Sugarloaf in the background.
- Enjoy a night of stars. Your tour of Rio de Janeiro is not complete without a view of Copacabana by night. Finish your day at one of the kiosks on the beachside of Avenida Atlântica.
Rio de Janeiro has been the star city of Brazil for quite some time. Even the 2016 Olympic Games were hosted in Rio.
For more inspiration, view all of our Brazil Tours.
South America Deluxe Tour
26 Days / 25 Nights From 4770
This deluxe tour is perfect for honeymooners or those who want to see the highlights of South America in style. On this de...
Click your preferences: Destinations & Activities. Be as specific or general as you like - or click Help Me Decide! We'll spice it with hidden gems & personal tips to create your perfect trip.
More Brazil Activity & Destination Options
Rio de Janeiro Travel FAQ’s
Thinking about a Rio de Janeiro trip? Here’s a list of frequently asked questions we often hear from our guests.
Is Rio de Janeiro safe?
Is Rio de Janeiro worth visiting?
What is the best time to visit Rio de Janeiro?
Contact your Brazil Travel Expert
We Love to Talk About Vacation Ideas!
Thinking of traveling to South America? We take your South American travel dream and make it a reality. Every fully custom South America trip is planned by your own expert personal Travel Consultant.