Historic Town of Ouro Preto
The Historic Town of Ouro Preto is an incredible former colonial gold mining town in the hills of Minas Gerais, north of Rio. The wealth earned from its gold mining attracted Europe's intelligentsia, resulting in a baroque revival which can be witnessed in its extravagant array of churches and museums.
Explore the area's gold mines, especially Little King's Mine, marvel at the well-preserved colonial look and hitch a ride on the old steam engine still running between Mariana and Ouro Preto.
Create a Customized Travel Package
The Complete Brazil Train Tour
18 Days / 17 Nights
- City tours of Vitória, Ouro Preto, Rio de Janeiro, Curitiba, & Salvador
- Train ride Vitória to Belo Horizonte
- Steam train from Ouro Preto to Mariana
- Steam train from Tiradentes to São Jão del Rey
- Train through the Atlantic Rainforest
- Iguassu Falls Tour