Experts in Tailor-Made
On one of our customized Brasilia tours, explore what the capital city is known for: it’s impressive architecture. Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Brasilia was designed by the forward-thinking Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer and the city planner Lúcio Costa in 1960. Their detailed city planning and balanced design for the federal seat of government continues to impress architects and city planners today. Experience the essence of Brasilia on any of our fully-custom trips to Brazil. Consider adding the marvelous Rio de Janeiro to any of our Brasilia tour itineraries for one complete Brazil travel package!
Update: Brazil Covid-19 Travel – Brazil is open for travel again!
Brazil reopened to tourists several months ago and we’re delighted to be operating trips again!
Read More ⌄
Top 5 Brasilia City Tours
Build Your Own Custom Tour for ANY Number of
Days / Nights Custom Pricing (based on length & options)
Choose your Destinations and Activities. We’ll spice it with tips & ideas to create the perfect tour! ...
Click your preferences: Destinations & Activities. Be as specific or general as you like - or click Help Me Decide! We'll spice it with hidden gems & personal tips to create your perfect trip.
If you have an additional 30 seconds we’d love to learn more about you…
Custom Tour Planning
About Brasilia City Tours
More Brazilian travel ideas
Your info is safe! We never share your data with 3rd parties.
Facts about Brasilia
Brasilia is a city remarkable for many reasons:
- For its airplane-like street layout (the wings accommodate the residents of Brasilia and the cockpit is the political center).
- The city was built in 41 months. President Juscelino Kubitschek, who came to power promising 50 years progress in 5 years, has been said to be the reincarnation of Pharaoh Aknaton, who about 3,500 years ago, built a planned city in his own country much like President Kubitschek. Egyptologist Yara Kern defends her thesis by pointing out several coincidences between the history and the architecture of both cities.
- The strong lines and contrasting curves of its architecture are what draws the most attention. Oscar Niemeyer said that the curves of the buildings are symbolic of Brazilian women. A building that reflects this is The National Congress (Brasilia’s signature building) with its long linear shapes and graceful curves. One of Niemeyer’s favorite tricks was to show buildings suspended off the ground, which he accomplished by pillar design. This technique can be seen in the Supreme Court, Presidential Residence, and Presidential Palace.
- Here’s a fun fact: the Foreign Ministry and the Palace of Justice are two of the most outstanding buildings, especially since they were built without air-conditioning in a climate that is arid most of the year. But, the buildings allow the breeze to come through almost every corner!
5 Best Brasilia Tours for 2023
|Tour to Jalapão, the Gem of Brazil's Cerrado||from $2175||11 Days||...|
|Rio de Janeiro & the Amazon Rainforest Tour||from $1450||8 Days||Rio de Janeiro, the former capital nestled between tropical mountains and sea, welcomes you. Let nature dominate at the Amazon Ecopark Jungle Lodge...|
|Pantanal Wetlands & Rio de Janeiro Tour||from $1340||8 Days||The Pantanal is a vast wetland-approximately half the size of Texas, stretching across the borders of Brazil, Bolivia and Paraguay. During the rainy...|
|Pantanal Wetlands Tour & Estancia||from $||5 Days||Choose to stay at the family-run Estancia Vitoria just outside of the Pantanal, just perfect to visit the Chapada dos Guimarães. From the...|
|Pantanal, Nobres & Chapada dos Guimaraes Tour||from $||8 Days||If you have a sense of adventure, the Pantanal, Nobres and Chapada dos Guimaraes Tour will show you a corner of Brazil less traveled. Here among red...|
Download Your Free
Brazil Travel Guide
Download our FREE Brazil Travel Guide and get inspired to travel to Brazil. Browse through 30 pages of travel planning tips and ideas – a great resource for planning dream Brazil trip packages.
- Colorful maps and images
- Places to visit in Brazil
- Brazil tour ideas
- Recommended Brazil hotels
- Brazil FAQs and travel tips
Contact your Brazil Travel Expert
We Love to Talk About Vacation Ideas!
Thinking of traveling to South America? We take your South American travel dream and make it a reality. Every fully custom South America trip is planned by your own expert personal Travel Consultant.