Machu Picchu Flights
- Best Time to Visit Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Visa Requirements
- Machu Picchu Flights
- Machu Picchu Weather
- Languages in Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Food & Drink
- Safety in Machu Picchu
- Staying Healthy in Machu Picchu
- Internet & Calling in Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Travel Insurance
- Machu Picchu Packing List
- Money in Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Articles
The nearest airport to Machu Picchu is Cusco (CUZ). From Cusco, Machu Picchu is reached by train through the Sacred Valley to the town of Aguas Calientes which sits at the base of the ruins.
Most travelers will arrive into Cusco via Peru’s capital – Lima. Cusco is connected by air to a few other Peruvian cities, including Arequipa and Juliaca. In high season there are flights to Iquitos, Trujillo, and Pisco too.
There are a small number of international flights in Cusco. The main ones are from Bogota in Colombia, La Paz, and Santa Cruz in Bolivia and Santiago in Chile.