Argentina Packing List
Depending on where and when you travel to Argentina will determine how you pack.
Buenos Aires: Are you going to spend most of your time in Buenos Aires? With a bustling city, make sure you have a jacket with plenty of pockets, a handy bag (such as a cross-body purse, or backpack), and your traveler’s camera case. The city’s weather can vary throughout the year, and often times resembles the weather changes of San Francisco. So, plan on packing a little bit of everything in terms of clothing.
Patagonia: If you’re visiting Patagonia, you will want to bring extra layers and a warm jacket for when temperatures drop. It would be a shame to travel all the way to Patagonia, and not go for a hike. Make sure to pack some sturdy, and comfortable hiking boots or exercise shoes. Also, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have a nice rain jacket, in case of a downpour.
Wine Country: Planning on sipping some of Argentina’s finest wine in the countryside during the summer season? It may be warm during the daytime hours, but once the sun begins to set, you may need to pull out a light jacket as temperatures start to drop.
Regardless of when you visit, here are a few essential things to pack for Argentina.
- Your passport, valid for at least 6 months after your travel dates
- Copy of your passport
- Any tourist visas necessary (see additional info above)
- Another form of identification, such as a driver’s license
- Cash for meals, souvenirs, and tips (budget according to how much these items cost in your home country)
- A camera with extra memory and/or batteries (You can share your trip photos on our Facebook page!)
- Your smartphone, set to airplane mode to avoid roaming charges, with our 12 Recommended Mobile Apps for Traveling