Internet & Calling in Galapagos Islands
- Galapagos Overview
- Best Time to Visit the Galapagos
- Galapagos Visa Requirements
- Weather in Galapagos Islands
- The Galapagos Islands Flights
- Languages of Galapagos Islands
- Galapagos Islands Food & Drink
- Safety in Galapagos Islands
- Staying Healthy in Galapagos Islands
- Internet & Calling in Galapagos Islands
- Galapagos Islands Travel Insurance
- Galapagos Islands Packing List
- Money in Galapagos Islands
- Galapagos Articles
Internet Access & Telephones
The Galapagos Islands really are a place to soak up your surroundings and observe the rich wildlife around you. That said, if you to stay connected, here are our tips:
Some hotels and cruises in the Galapagos Islands provide internet access, usually at a cost on the cruises. International telephones are less likely to be available. Do not expect good WiFi access or phone reception in all locations.
When traveling to the Galapagos Islands, we recommend taking an electrical adapter on your trip. Some hotels and cruises provide adapters, but you should not rely on this. Before using adapters be sure to check the voltage of your electronic device to ensure that you have a charger equipped to handle a higher voltage. If not, you will need to use a voltage converter.
The Galapagos and the rest of Ecuador use plug types A and B. The standard voltage is 120 V and frequency 60 Hz.
- When traveling from the USA or Canada to the Galapagos Islands, you don’t need an adaptor.
- When traveling from Australia or New Zealand to the Galapagos Islands, you will need an electrical adaptor and may need a voltage convertor.
- When traveling from the UK, Ireland, Malaysia or Singapore to the Galapagos Islands, you will need an electrical adaptor and may need a voltage convertor.
- When traveling from South Africa to the Galapagos Islands, you will need an electrical adaptor and may need a voltage convertor.